It’s crunch time on Don’t Turn Your Back on the Ocean, the long-awaited sequel to Awkward Steve! The game will be coming out in the next few months, and—oh. We forgot to talk about that on the podcast. Here’s what we talked about instead!
- Paul’s ill-fated prototype about a cross-country typo hunt
- Little-known franchises we’d like to make games based on, like Animorphs and Harry Potter
- Michael’s new “artistic method”
- Emergency Ketchup.
- Which letters of the alphabet are hardest to draw?
- Paul wants to add FMV to everything
- All of the changes we’re making to Cat President for the new update
- Trying to differentiate our games from other visual novels
- What are our favorite pathways in Cat President?
- “Help, I’ve Switched Bodies With President Crazypants!”
All this, plus…hey, whatever happened to Michael’s webcomic, Pug’s Adventures? Hmm. Happy listening!!
If you have questions about game development or any of our games, e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll answer them on the show! You can also follow us on Twitter; I’m @PaulMFranzen, and Michael is @arglefumph.
Games discussed in this episode: Nancy Drew: The Model Mysteries, Animorphs: Shattered Reality, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Hatoful Boyfriend, Disc Jam