Happy Turkey Week, everyone! Stuck at the grown-ups table with your weird uncle and your cousins who voted for [person you didn’t want to win]? Pop in your ear-buds and drown them out with your favorite indie devs, Michael and Paul. This month, we’re talking about:
- Frogs and frog butts
- Using NaNoWriMo to write all the games we’ll be working on in the coming year
- Designing games through Twitter and podcasts, just like Sid Meier used to do
- How to slice tomatoes the wrong way
- Explaining our job to actual adults
- Rover from Cat President, and how he used to be way more racist
- Logic puzzles vs. inventory puzzles
- Michael’s detailed plan to make himself look like an old person
- Should games have more musical numbers? (YES.)
- Our earliest memories of playing videogames
All this, plus Paul lists some of the worst pizza-related pun names anyone could ever come up with. LISTEN. LISTEN NOW.
If you have questions about game development or any of our games, e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll answer them on the show! You can also follow us on Twitter; I’m @PaulMFranzen, and Michael is @arglefumph.
Games discussed in this episode: Pepper’s Adventures in Time, King’s Quest VII, Back to the Future: The Game, Super Mario Bros., Mickey Mousecapade, Super Mario World, Barbie Detective